Geist purchased the Cloister Inn in 1927, renamed it Boca Raton Club,
which then served as the "economic engine” of the town until the onset of World
War II and the coming of the Boca Raton Army Air Field. Geist provided what was
deemed the finest water plant in the state, the Florida East Coast Railway
passenger station, and an airstrip.